Our Alma Mater
Rashtriya Rashtriya Military School, Belgaum was incepted in 1945. At that time, admissions to the school were restricted to the sons of Indian Army officers and it was compulsory for all boys to serve in the military after completing their education. The first principal of the school was Lt Col DH Tapp of the Royal Army Educational Corps. The initial strength of the school was just 96 even though the school’s infrastructure had a capacity of over 250 cadets. In its initial years, the school emphasised on military drill and physical training to better shape the students for the Indian Military Academy.
The school has spread over a vast campus of 64.13 acres. The campus has state of the art infrastructure and includes library, academic blocks, computer laboratories, art gallery and a all religion worship place called Sarva Dharma Sthal. A special focus is given on games, sports and other co-curricular activities. Inter-house and sports competitions take place regularly. Rashtriya Military School of the Deccan Queen has housed some of the remarkable officers of the Indian Armed Forces. The school has made quite a reputation because of its quality education, emphasis on co-curricular activities and personal development of each individual cadet.